Monday, March 8, 2010

Mark McNairy White Bucks

I've talked about white bucks a lot on Sart Inc and I am a little remiss for I have failed to mention the fantastic joints designed by Mark McNairy.  These shoes got some press around S/S 2009 when Mark's line first launched and white bucks even had their own article in The New York Times if memory serves me correctly.  They were stocked at Epaulet "back then", but currently the only place I know of selling them happens to be Barneys who is a newer McNairy stockist (a belated congrats to Mark on that).  There are a ton of white bucks on the market, but this is one of the spiffier high end options.  Subtle punch outs line the suede upper and make for a really neat detail you don't normally see on your everyday run of the mill pair.  Most of you already know this, but all of Mark's shoes they are Goodyear welted - every time I see the natural leather welt against the red brick sole it just gets better looking.  If I wasn't saving up for some other serious stuff right now I'd be all over these before they are gone for good. Unless, of course, any retailers are reading this and are now just realizing it would be foolish not to stock these every S/S from here on out.



-L.A.S

4 comments:

  1. I see that Barney's is carrying 3 McNairy style, each available in only 4 sizes. I wish Mark would focus more on building a shoe company than being a design god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longwing- Mark is currently in the difficult process of securing funding and expanding his line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like all of Mark's shoes these are amazing. These would look great with a pair of jeans or a seersucker suit this summer. I would buy a pair but sadly I cannot find any Mark McNairy shoes in a size 7.

    ReplyDelete