Monday, April 5, 2010

McNairy Cargos And The Perfect Storm

Lots of people have conflicting opinions when it comes to cargo pants, but I personally am a huge fan.  I have a great pair from my local Army Navy surplus spot and plan on scooping up my own McNairy joints any day now.  I can totally see how these pants wouldn't be someone's proverbial cup of tea so I'm not about to preach from the rooftops or anything.  With that being said, I really love Mark's version.  The fit is slimmed up, it has great details (the best pockets I've seen) and the length is good for some break or as many rolls as your heart desires.  Check out Mr. Mort below at this weekend's Nike Sportswear Stickball Tournament.  In a sea of hipsters Mort stood out by mixing classic pieces from both mainstays and up and comers.  His ability to channel and combine military, workwear and prep all come together to make the perfect storm - in this blogger's eyes at least.  Say what you will, but I am digging on it.  Definitely not for sartorial beginners. At least we can agree on that.


-L.A.S

14 comments:

  1. mordechai is one of the biggest assholes I've ever had the displeasure to meet. that said, I do like those trousers a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder I never want to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not for sartorial insiders either, apparently. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dutch Uncle- If you never want to leave the house I think you've got bigger problems than some cargos sir.

    Laguna Beach Trad- I can see this being a little too "fashiony" for someone with the word "Trad" in their username.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laguna Beach Trad- Say what you will, but I do have an appreciate for a wide range of garments. Some stuff is obviously crap, you're right, but at the same time there are a lot more "forward thinking" aspects of classic menswear that I can appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paging Dr. Frankenstein: we have found your monster!! ;)

    Stitching together different styles doesn't always work. Style-mixing is not always a good thing. Neither is a perfect storm, last time I checked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laguna Beach Trad- To each his own.

    I used "perfect storm" because I find it humorous and I try to keep things light around here. If you're nit picking semantics you are probably reading the wrong blog in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy crap! how coincidental is it that i had my photo taken this weekend for morts blog?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LAS- don't let trads (ok, just haters) bother you, brother. Keep doing your thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laguna Beach Trad is clearly more outspoken than I am, but Trad is about style, this outfit (and the street itself) are crap indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I met Mort downtown at a party, and he was pretty cool. No attitude whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've said my piece on camo before but I cannot front when I see something that works and Mordechai works it here....

    ReplyDelete
  13. No no, no no no no. Bad Bad BAD. AWFUL. Just plain old trashy! His shoes are the only acceptable thing he's wearing. But because of the rest of his outfit- most importantly those pants- I'd assume he probably stole them from someone or found them at the Salvation Army.

    ReplyDelete