Thursday, April 15, 2010

White Collar Crime

As in the two tone shirt is often overlooked and ignored when it comes to casual sportswear which is a crime as far as I am concerned.  Just like how I talked about here, a great way to step up your casual looks is to pair your standard kit (raw denim, chinos, shorts, what have you) with a white collar shirt.  I really like the idea of throwing on a shirt like this, even with some neckwear, to wear when going about all you S/S business.  Lots of brands are releasing a variety of casual shirts with white collars for the upcoming season and I am totally on board with this and even if you're out of the office there is nothing wrong with tucking in your shirt and throwing on a tie.  There is something to say about a guy who even in his time off takes the effort to keep things classy upstairs.  Just because you are used to wearing your jeans and sneakers on the weekend doesn't mean you have to exclusively rock white tees.  While knotting up on a day off may seem counter intuitive to some, and that is totally understandable, you can still wear a quote unquote dressier sport shirt to differentiate yourself from all the flip flop wearing, Bud Light Lime nursing jerkstores out there.  If white collars are a crime, lock me up for 25 to life - actually let me get some community service if that's cool...



-L.A.S

10 comments:

  1. great post!

    really great post!

    i friggin love these kinds of shirts. especially nice and washed like this.

    you won't be mistaken for a wall street extra in this that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wrinkled, beat up and with a pair of jeans...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, what the fuck are you babbling about? Some of these posts need to be condensed. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon- If you're going criticize at least man up and post under your name.

    Also, you are free to write you own blog and keep it as condensed as you see fit.

    Thanks for stopping by and being a dick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why you gotta hate on bud light lime? When I have more than enough for a forty, but not enough for corona that's one of the go to's right there! But yeah I've got a corpus joint like the top one that's a mock pullover from a few years ago. It's the shit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I generally HATE white collard shirts although I had never considered them more washed and wrinked. The RL and Rugby shirts above are pretty good, and considering my hatered from white collars this means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the selection of white collar shirts you chose here, but I seem to have a personal aversion to white collars (probably because I only see them on "flip flop wearing, Bud Light Lime nursing jerkstores"). Maybe I could get on board by pairing it with some less preppy items. Any suggestions for de-preppifying these shirts a bit? I like the raw denim pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew- Keep the shirts a little wrinkled (like mentioned above) and pair with rolled jeans/chinos and some sneaks - killer in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post and keep doin' work son! don't let the negative comments bother you one bit! some folks don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like white collared and cuffed formal shirts but I do like the idea of a shirt with just a white collar worn casually.

    These feel less like a fashion statement and more an extension of the old tradition that has shirtmakers replacing worn out patterned collars with plain white ones.

    This has happened for as long as the shirt has existed and in this context works well, the shirt would need to be well washed and a little worn out for it to work properly though (imo of course) but like you say, it seems like a good summer look.

    ReplyDelete