Friday, April 30, 2010

Sucker Punch

The non-traditional double breasted blazer I talked about briefly in the Bastian "retrospective" is easily my most sought after item right now.  They're pretty tough to find, but when I do spy one I go a little apeshit.  I just locked up a chino number, thankfully, and have been faithfully searching for its counterpart ever since.  Polo is selling a beautiful seersucker joint called the Fithian Sport Coat and it is pretty goddamn awesome.  Buying something like a seersucker double breasted sport coat at full price takes a little convincing - and by a little I mean a whole lot.  If this was an eBay snipe or even partially on sale it would be a no brainer.  I mean, the jacket is handsome, but I'm not sure how practical it really is, especially at its current $300 clip.  So right, the non blue double breasted blazer in a warm weather fabric is great - I think that was the point I was trying to make.  If anyone does come across something of the sort give me a shout. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg - just a leg.  I need that arm to button my jacket.


-L.A.S

3 comments:

  1. I don't know fam. I've been DB crazy as well as of late (just ordered the 'Company of We' one to check it out), but this is a bold move that you may not get your money's worth out of. Seersucker is seasonal enough, add to it a DB, which generally won't get a lot of mileage...a jacket like this might see your closet more than it sees you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blazer is immense i need it. Im gonna try my best to look for an alternative under a 100 euros. Ill let you know when i find it :P

    ReplyDelete