Friday, April 16, 2010

Sun King

Continuing with the J. Crew theme...you may have noticed how sun-faded everything has been getting a lot of play from the retail giant this year.  They started with their flannels a few months back, just released their sun-faded oxfords and now they have polos to round it all out.  Polos are probably the only garments I endorse that I probably don't wear all that much and that stems from my lack of finding one that fits properly.  I realize that my body shape isn't the be all end all so I figured that those of you out there that can get down with them might want to take a gander at these.  J. Crew claims that their sun-faded slub jersey polos have "a slimmer fit that looks like it was made for you" and even though I have heard this countless times without seeing results I will hold my judgment until I get the chance to try them on in person.  The real motivation behind this post is that I am really digging the washed out color palette used here, which is the same reason I am on board with the sun-faded look in general.  Granted, it always feels better to get that sun fading in yourself (what will happen to a colored pair of Vans Authentics if you rock them throughout the summer), but I won't blame you for admitting upfront that you want some one else to do the work for you.  I mean, let's be honest, some people are just way too busy blogging to actually leave the house these days...


-L.A.S

6 comments:

  1. I'd be glad to donate a razor and a steam iron to this chap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why you'd want to iron your polo, unless you wanted someone to think that you're a huge prick. Polos usually come out fine from the dryer. If they get a crease from sitting in the drawer? Then so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I'm pretty small and I assume you are too. But I found a Lacoste Polo second hand and it looks just like the red one shown above...And lo and behold, its a perfect fit. Sometimes you need to buy a more pricey brand to get the fit you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The J Crew Vintage polos fit me like a glove. I got 2 or 3 of those suckers for $7 each last summer and they're always at the top of my stack. J. Crew sales FTW. Will have to check these out when they're marked way (way) down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enthusiast,

    Nothing ever comes out fine straight out of the dryer...not even "non-iron" shirts. I can assure you that the joy of ironing far exceeds the joy of looking like a slob.

    ReplyDelete