Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Right Near Da Beach

J. Crew's new lightweight beach shorts look killer.  They actually remind me of some Daiki Suzuki steeze, but at like 1/3 the price.  The drawstring waist plus the angled, button down flap pockets adds some serious detailed punch for the pricepoint and is what put these on my radar in the first place.  The 10 1/2" inseam seems a little much on paper and while that is longer than I usually go it seems to look spot on in the fit pics.  Ultimately, I guess they're something that I'll have to get hands on with before pulling the trigger.  Full disclosure, I rarely ever wear shorts (give me chino pants all day if it's hot) so it takes a real effort to impress me when it comes to the shorts game, but J. Crew seems to have hit the nail on the head with these - well done Frank, well done.  If it was me I would be doing white tee, these shorts in khaki, and Authentics sans socks for that right off the boardwalk look.  Oh yeah, if you know where I got this post title from then we are already friends.


-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. Sampson Simpson. I stik by my storee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Front pocket flaps make you look like you're wearing your shorts backward. Other than that, can anyone say freeballin'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on, keep attacking standards of linguistic propriety (that "da") and standards of sartorial propriety (that unironed, sagging neck t-shirt with those unevenly rolled-up sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grumpy- Don't be a sourpuss. Regardless of how the J. Crew model dresses the "da" in the title comes from a movie quote. Stop complaining and go enjoy something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes...Cuban B!

    I hope Grumpy is satirizing some of the trad purists who get so rankled by LAS's posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, Lawrence- what part of Jamaica?

    ReplyDelete