Thursday, April 1, 2010

Vintage Watches At Asos

And now back to our regularly scheduled sartorial nonsense...

I'll be the first to admit that Asos is not the first place I would turn to for a vintage watch.  In fact, I was really surprised when I found out they were even selling them in the first place.  All of these are extremely out of any price range I thought I had ($940-$2,900), but are definitely still cool to look at.  Isn't that why we love blogs in the first place?  Seriously, who doesn't enjoy staring at awesome shit they can't afford?  At the very least they can help you find that style or model you love so when you are perusing the bargain bin at Amazon you're not completely overwhelmed.  In case you cared, I'm personally digging the Cyma joint the best with it's perfectly faded numbers and hands that can only come from being born during WWII.  And yes, I'd be switching out these watch straps, especially on the Tag and Omega, quicker then you could wind 'em up.


-L.A.S

13 comments:

  1. The Autavia is badass. A worthy investment if one can swing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you are right, Thanks for your share, you can also click here to view luxury replica rolex watches

      Delete
  2. Please don't call that watch a TAG. It's a Heuer. That's the brand. TAG is a marketing name that was added to revive a dead brand in the 80s. It means techniques de avant guard. Heuer made real timepieces. TAG just rebrands parts from other companies and puts unfinished movements from ETA into them.

    The Mark XIs look great. Jaeger LeCoultre and IWC make the most famours and sought after versions. The backs of true Mark XIs are engraved with crows feet, which means that the watch was actually in service for the British Airforce (which includes Australia, South Africa, and a few other states).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eugene- My bad. Next time I will not make the same mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wife got me a WWII Govt. issue Bulova last Xmas. Picked it up from Melet, was one of the best gifts I have every recived. Get more comments on that than the Sub or UBoat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with Asos shipping...my two pair of tassel loafers are weeks overdue to the States.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RHW- yeah, Asos is not known for their customer service. My tasseled loafers came and were WAY to big so I shipped them back for an exchange. Still waiting...

    I think it has to do with all the press those shoes got. I bet your order is getting made in the factory as we speak.

    ReplyDelete

  7. I learned that Omega established a shop that sold specific vintage omega watches australia. Omega established the only shop specifically for these vintage Omega watches in the Burlington Arcade, London.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, perfect. Fortunately, I found your website! nep horloges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, great US Military force. Also, in his post you have given a chance to listen about US Military. I really appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing it. http://www.glooks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your post.In our luxury watches collection you will only find Rolex watches that are symbols of excellence, performance and prestige. If you have any questions or would like to make an offer, feel free to contact us at (888) 507-1705

    vintage watches
    pre owned watches
    vintage luxury watches
    pre owned luxury watches
    men watches
    rolex watches
    rolex vintage watches

    ReplyDelete
  11. Watch is piece of equipment that can help us to maintain our daily routine. Now a days watch is a fusion for every man and woman.Wrist watches are the most common type of watch used today.Sell Audemars Piguet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso wristwatches are specially designed for Polo players. Reverso feature protects the watch from damage during the polo game. Vintage Times has an amazing colection of vintage watches, rings, necklaces and bakelites.

    ReplyDelete