Friday, March 19, 2010

Mr. Classic

There are a ton of gems in the ACL photostream, but the hands down winner is a set of photos aptly titled "Mr. Classic".  I had seen a few of these J. Press F/W 2008 (?) looks floating around the Internets before, but up until now I had yet to peep the entire collection.  Everything pictured was presumably designed by Mark McNairy and the styling is pretty much perfect - you may notice the cigars in a few breast pockets.  While this stuff isn't exactly that new-new you all crave, and pretty much completely out of season at this point, it's still pretty much timeless inspiration in my eyes.


[All pictures courtesy of Michael Williams.]

-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect. I have a similar tie to that tennis tie in the third last fit, although it is Ralph. Come to think of it I have a similar tennis/cricket sweater to, but it is also Ralph. I would cop nearly everything posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is what im talking about

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the second look. I could do without the buttons but the glasses hanging on the outside of the pocket are a great detail I rarely see. Plus, it is hard to beat a blackwatch blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of pics. The more men can be made to think about teaming different colors and patterns the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old School- It's good to have you back. I'm happy you dig the J. Press digs, probably my favorite post I've done in a while. It really is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lassie,
    A really outstanding find. I think that this post will prove to cost me a grand or two in new acquisitions. I'm obsessed with these! I'm enjoying the direction your taking with posts like this.
    Devin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yo future Edwin remember that L.A.S. already posted this.

    ReplyDelete