Monday, March 29, 2010

Rod Laver Vintage

In the last issue of GQ Creative Director Jim Moore endorsed the Rod Laver vintage sneaker just re-released by Adidas.  As a fan of the standard Rod Laver sneaker I had similar sentiments especially after seeing just how bare bones the new vintage model was.  The vintage model actually reminds me a lot of a slimmed up Stan Smith (an ex-girlfriend of mine actually used to refer to my Stan Smith's as "grandpa shoes") complete with mesh body, which will really come in handy when going sockless.  Part of me also wonders if Adidas was taking cues from Common Projects and their best selling Achilles model.  Anyhow, I can get down with the Rod Laver vintage and it's one of the rare times that I have been impressed with a black sneaker.  Anyhow, you can buy the black colorway from Adidas online and the white and green colorway at J. Crew.  At $75 it is a cheaper alternative to the Common Projects Kool-Aid and a welcomed addition to anyone's S/S sneaker rotation.


-L.A.S

5 comments:

  1. I wish there was a rick ross white on white model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is worth copping wid'out'a'doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they are supportive / stiff sole as the normal Lavers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve- I have never tried on a pair so I am not sure, but the thinner sole suggests otherwise.

    ReplyDelete