Thursday, March 4, 2010

Woolrich x Nanamica

If you aren't a fan of parkas you might want to tune this one out.  With that being said, Woolrich John Rich & Bros is once again partnering up with Nanamica, the Japanese company responsible for North Face Purple Label, to produce a limited edition Mountain Jacket.  The cotton/nylon jacket is both functional and stylish combining "innovative fabrics" and "artistic style".  With the PR mumbo jumbo out of the way we can get down to it.

I already own a Woolrich Woolen Mills Mountain Jacket and this new callabo is extremely similar (by the looks of it about 80-90%) so I can speak to the jacket's overall quality (Woolrich doesn't put out crap with any of it's lines anyway).  The jacket is extremely warm (fully lined hood and body) without making you feel like the Randy in A Christmas Story and the detailing is on point - leather toggles, great pockets, etc.  My geographical location doesn't yield itself to a lot of outerwear, but my Mountain Jacket is probably the best coat I've ever owned.  Not everyone is on board with the aesthetics of rugged outerwear, you've got your peacoat folks and what have you, but I think this jacket looks great.  The khaki body and the classic Woolrich plaid lining are a fantastic match and make this an everyday day kinda wear.  I do not currently have any information on price or availability, but I will update as soon as it lands in my inbox.


-L.A.S

15 comments:

  1. Wow.. Love it! I want one right now! Before the swedish winter is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the olive WWMs version from last winter and can confirm the quality is great. Tempted by this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh, can't wait for more info on this joint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mi piace molto lo stile Woolrich ha, per così chic. http://www.woolricharticparkaitoutlet.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Liebe der Mode Woolrich Parka. Immer lieben.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ora è molto freddo. Woolrich Artic Parka è necessario.
    Woolrich Outlet It Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ich mag deine Post sehr, ich danke Ihnen für die gemeinsame Nutzung.

    ReplyDelete
  8. like the style of your post and the pics in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your post is really very good, as well as the pictures in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the post in your blog, which attracts me much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that brand very much, cool and fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. große Liebe auf die Post und die Bilder in Ihrem Blog.

    ReplyDelete