Since I recommend Vans Authentics like my life somehow depends on it, I figured I'd share with you guys how I keep my joints smelling fresh. As you probably already know wearing canvas sneaks sockless in sweltering weather can lead to some funky-ass kicks, especially if you have some seriously sweaty dogs, so here is my method to keeping things fresh to death:
1. Apply a layer of baby powder on the insoles of your Authentics proportional to how bad your shoes actually smell.
2. Make sure everything is evenly distributed and knock out the remaining powder.
3. Place your "dusted" Authentics outdoors to breath for a while (I do this for a day max).
4. Knock your shoes together to make sure that every last bit of rogue powder is out.
5. Place you Authentics in the freezer for a couple of hours.
6. Put on your super duper fresh kicks and go do some damage.
It's that simple folks and the results are the real deal.