Monday, May 17, 2010

Lusting After: Hickey Cotton Pea Coat

Trenches are for sure cool when it comes to this whole warm weather outerwear game, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm partial to cotton pea coats myself.  Maybe it's my unhealthy double breasted fetish or the fact that they are less popular - who knows anymore?  There are some cheap options available (Gap sometimes has them, Lands End Canvas has one now) and then there are the top notch joints. Those made in Italy, side slash pocket, taped seam joints. You get the idea.  Hickey's cotton gabardine pea coat (now on sale) is all of the above making it one of the most lust worthy cotton pea coats you can get your hands on.  Another fantastic feature on this baby is the ivory colorway separating it even further from the khaki and navy numbers floating around.  Ivory is one of those colors that may seem a little delicate, but when paired up with some dark denim creates a killer contrast of both color and fabric.  Just make sure you stay away from any of that spring mud when wearing this. That would not be a good look.


-L.A.S

5 comments:

  1. I got the Lands' end Canvas version. Took it with me to Paris. Great coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, always wanted to have one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the j. Crew version called the regulation jacket. It's on sale right now. I wear it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. at the hickey sample sale in NYC a few months ago, they had TONS of these for $99. wasn't feeling the color though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm expecting this jacket to continually drop in price and/or show up on gilt like most overpriced hickey ish, at which point i will snag it, tho im really trying to find a camel-colored joint a la the style blogger

    ReplyDelete