Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bleu De Paname Contrast Pocket Denim

After talking briefly about Bleu de Paname previously and getting a feel for the brand their gear is now on sale over at Tres Bien Shop.  The standout for me has to be the Pantalon Carotte 13 oz denim.  What sets this denim apart from the droves of denim already being forced on you via the interwebs are the oxford cloth contrast pockets.  I realize this is a little overstated as far as classic, no frills denim is concerned, but I think cool details like contrast pockets inject a much needed sense of humor into the oh so nerdy and orthodox world of denimheads.  However, unlike the model in the Tres Bien product shot, I would not wear these with the Bleu de Paname oxford cut from the same exact cloth (pattern matching could be a bitch on that one, not to mention you'd look like your assless chaps, I mean, jeans had strategic cutouts).  Imagine these jeans with a white tee.  That's more of the look I'm thinking of.  When one part of your kit is a little "out there" like these jeans it would be advantageous for you to do your best to keep the rest under wraps so to speak.  Honestly, part of me is really digging these because I know they are going to force some forum goers to think outside of the box, but I feel okay with that knowing Bleu de Paname takes their craft extremely seriously and is producing high quality gear.


-L.A.S

12 comments:

  1. What is up with this "coconut button"? Seems like that would pop off after a few wears.

    Cool idea with the contrast pockets though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like hes tucking his shirt into his thong jeans
    http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-ho-no-they-didnt-thong-jeans/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swing and a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't say I'm a fan, but for those who are, kudos in attempting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, I was just telling my wife the other night about my old Bugle Boy jeans I used to have back in the day. They had blue legs and grey pockets and waistband. I used to wear them all the time with pegged cuffs. I wish I could go back and slap my younger self and say, "snap out of it!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. More like comsi comsa...

    ReplyDelete
  7. classic? understated?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon @2:26- Are you even going to pretend to read haha?

    See: "I realize this is a little overstated as far as classic, no frills denim is concerned, but I think cool details like contrast pockets inject a much needed sense of humor into the oh so nerdy and orthodox world of denimheads."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Until you pull the trigger yourself, please spare us your praise...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finley- I my praise was spared on everything that I had not bought myself this blog (and many blogs ) would not exist. This is not a buyer's guide by any means no matter how much you think it is or use it as such. Can I live?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The denim looks good, I like the top button on them but that pocket? Nah, I'm not in to that.

    It's good to see someone trying something different though.

    ReplyDelete