Monday, May 17, 2010

Don't Call It A Comeback

Or maybe we should - you tell me.  Gilt's recent descent into wackness is not something that has gone unnoticed around these parts.  I'm almost at the point where I can't remember the last time I felt compelled to spend be it my own money, credit or otherwise.  Hopefully this week can be a tipping point - that comeback some of us are desperately hoping for.  Don't get your hopes up for the RRL jeans sale on Friday as Gilt has proven that their RRL buys are really just jazzed up, western Ed Hardy accessories.  No, I am looking towards Billykirk to right the ship.  The preview looks promising and BK doesn't make bad stuff so that also helps.  So gear up for tomorrow and get your wallet/bag/belt game tight.  For all my pessimists out there, this could also be a doomsday scenario in which this is the last passable sale we see in a while so take that into account as well.  I'm not sure how many people reading this are up on Gilt, but if you need an invitation holler atcha boy.  Keep in mind, however, that if you hate my guts you should probably apply for membership another way since after your first purchase I do receive a $25 referral credit - dude's gotta eat somehow.



-L.A.S

12 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure if it was just me, but you're right, GILT has been seriously slacking lately on worthwhile goods! Hopefully this will make it all better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last worthwhile thing I got from gilt was that RRL wallet, but I got the large one and didnt realize it was the size of a trapperkeeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and no. Yes, most of the stuff now ain't legit. Yes, if you like me, have a salt/pepper fetish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BillyKirk is something of the best leather goods made today! And I will be up early to snag a belt or two but I wonder if these items were made exclusively for GILT or are truly overstock/discontinued styles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually bought a Baron Wells shirt last night in their leftover Shirts sale. But you are right, Gilt has been seriously lacking the last couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to add though, Gilt had Loll Design furniture on sale this weekend that was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been a member of Gilt for that long, so I don't know what it used to be like, but the thing that kills me is getting on the site 5 minutes after the stuff goes on sale, and EVERYTHING in my size (size S shirts, 32x30 pants, 9D shoes) is gone. So annoying. Sometimes I don't even look anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I hope someone was looking for a new belt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, the belt from the sale preview isn't even part of the sale

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually the only item from the preview that is in the sale is the green bag. It is safe to not call this a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fact that it is now 30 minutes in and none of the items seem to be selling out is telling. Thanks but no thanks on the leather cuffs.

    ReplyDelete