Monday, May 3, 2010

Gant Rugger F/W 2010

The fine gents over at Prepidemic just scooped me to Gant Rugger's F/W 2010 collection and I'll be damned if the brand and its designer, Christopher Bastin, don't seem downright unstoppable right now.  Since taking the helm Mr. Bastin has taken Gant to a place it hasn't been in ages - it's own freaking archives.  I'd like to think we are all better for it too.  You probably see a little J. Crew, Rogues Gallery or even Michael Bastian in this stuff, but I'm inclined to believe this collection really is about Gant through and through.  See, that's my favorite thing about Bastin.  No matter where he draws his influences or inspiration from he makes you wholeheartedly believe that his clothes are really all about Gant - It's persuasion at its finest.  I don't want you to think I'm calling Rugger's inclination towards heritage feigned.  I actually find it a lot more geniune than some other brands who are obviously trying to turn a quick buck via trends.  Everything I've ever read or seen featuring Bastin conveys just how much this dude actually loves Gant and it's that very attitude that won me over in the first place - well, that and the kickass gear.


-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. Nice writeup. I'm really liking that cream shawl-collar sweater with the peacoat-like buttoning.

    Curious: which brands do you think aren't being genuine with this whole heritage thing? I get that sense from Banana Republic's offerings ... hate to kick 'em while they're down, but their "heritage collection" seems kind of ... lazy. Is there anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I find Gant clothing?

    I've been following the blog for a few months now and Gant and its other brands have appeared a crazy number of times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thisfits- I don't really want to throw anyone under the bus in a public forum like this so if you'd like to discuss further you can shoot me an email.

    James- Gant Rugger is available online at Epaulet and Blackbird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proper. I think the outerwear that both Gant lines offer are extremely well done. I've been plotting out how I'm getting one of those varsity jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah dude, this is some of the iciest gurr ive seen in a minute

    but did you just say 'freaking'?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much will that varsity come in at?

    I just hope that someone in Australia (Brisbane, specifically) picks up a well edited selection of Gant Rugger soon...

    ReplyDelete