Thursday, May 20, 2010

Asos Made In England Collection S/S 2010

You might recall Asos's Made In England shoe collection from the semi dramatic mystery regarding what factory actually made them.  What was thought to be initially Tricker's actually turned out to be NPS Shoes Ltd. and while that killed a few people's buzz I stood by the fact that the shoes were still the real deal.  I summed up my thoughts as such - "NPS has been making high quality shoes in England since 1881 and Asos is still selling a bench made, Goodyear welted shoe for an extremely reasonable price."  I wound up purchasing a pair for myself and stand by the impressive quality for price point claims.  For those still looking to get their hands on some Goodyear welted, hand-crafted shoes Asos has just released some new models for S/S 2010 - some of which are batshit, others a tad more subdued (those suede joints are straight cash).  Regardless, they all are a swell deal.  Keep in mind that these shoes do run big so when you're brushing up on your UK to US conversions I recommend erring on the smaller side of things.


-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. Suede tassels. Where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I keep telling myself I'm not a fan of saddle shoes, but I keep finding examples that prove otherwise. Perhaps it's just the black and white ones I detest.

    Those blue suede chukkas are sick... as in cash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw you bitching about something Asos related on Twitter. Wasn't related to the shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basseq- I was complaining in regards to their return policy, but after simmering down came to the realization that things were mostly my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you say the shoes run big is that length, width or all around? When I tried on Alden loafers I found an 11.5 D fit best, but in all of their other shoes I was an 11D (for reference). Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. 116- You Alden size differential is based on specific lasts the different shoes are on.

    As for these Asos shoes, they ran big length wise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink Wingtips, would be a bold move, but they are fresh.

    ReplyDelete