Sunday, May 2, 2010

L.L. Bean Waxed Cotton Rucksacks

Just like when I do any post on bags I lead off with this disclaimer in some form or another - I really could care less about bags and whatnot so it takes a lot for me to get worked up.  That brings me to these really impressive waxed cotton rucksacks currently being sold by L.L. Bean.

No argument for or against masculinity needs to be made when talking about rucksacks.  Unlike with various totes or carry-alls, the rucksack's badass ruggedness speaks for itself.  Both of these numbers are done up in waxed cotton and fit the aforementioned bill.  I guess what made these post worthy in the first place was their surprising pricepoints.  Not that L.L. Bean isn't always an affordable option no matter what you are looking to purchase, but the blogosphere has conditioned me to expect stuff like this to cost around $300+.  Well done, L.L. Bean, well done.


-L.A.S

4 comments:

  1. Those are sweet. I still have one of the old red nylon versions of this pack-- it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pack. I've got something (very) similar from Gap holding me down pretty well for now though. Whenever it's time is up I guess I've got a nice replacement right here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my rucksack for about a year now and I love it. The waxed canvas is real nice and has a great texture to it with that characteristic waxed canvas creasing that the pictures don't really show. Fits a ton of stuff too. My only gripe is the leather label tab, but I really shy away from external branding. Great price/value ratio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks like something Filson would make. I don't have much use for a rucksack these days, but it looks perfect for hiking or camping. ... and for $100? Nice.

    ReplyDelete