Saturday, January 9, 2010

Attn: Mark McNairy x Union

Despite being one of the biggest Mark McNairy proponents in the blogosphere I some how missed his exclusive makeups for the L.A. based Union.  The collection is pretty crazy and a little too "fashion-y" for me, but there is no denying the genius that is at work here.  While I would probably pass on the saddle shoes for a much more classic option (see versions at Epaulet and Barneys) the two wedge soul pairs are awesome.  I particularly love the "Red Brick Soul" wedge and am very impressed with Mark for not "sitting on his laurels" and being content with his already impressive New Amsterdam models.  Picking collaborations that push boundaries and make people reassess is always welcomed in my book (well, as long as the stuff ends up looking good of course). Shout outs to the big homie KJ who tipped me off to these.


 
 
-L.A.S

4 comments:

  1. I have to say Mark McNairy's shoes started as kinda gimmicky to me but I really think it's evolved. The top pair I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those shoes look really dope. i need to give mark mcnairy another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can totally buy me the middle ones. I'd be really appreciative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. j- Alright, I'll snag you the middle one and you can buy me the top ones. Deal?

    ReplyDelete