Thursday, January 21, 2010

Clubbed To Death

I only own one club collar, or golf collar, shirt and it has quickly risen through the ranks of my wardrobe.  It's a damn sharp camel colored Black Fleece number, which happens to look great with any and all neckwear.  When you wear a button down shirt practically everyday, like myself, something like a club collar is an easy way to switch things up to add a little punch to what can become a tad monotonous (I feel the same way about Steven Alan reverse seam shirts).  A combination as simple as a club collar and a cool tie or bowtie you can easily be "that guy" who dresses really well.  It should also be noted how great the club collar looks with a collar pin.  The roundness of the collar offset by the straight line of the pin creates an eye pleasing juxtaposition.

Something so easy that can make such an impression is a can't miss and the club collared shirt surely makes an impression.  I'd like to add a few more to my closet for both casual and professional wear and I am pretty sold on going with some more Black Fleece (see first picture).  The shirt is a little on the expensive side but its details like mother of pearl buttons, back tab and pointed placket make you feel better about having a thin wallet.  Here's a few examples of how and what to wear (click through links where applicable).




 

 
 
 
 

-L.A.S

9 comments:

  1. Club collars are so underrated. I really want one of those polka dotted Engineered Garments bd.

    You forgot Patrik Ervell Spring 2010 though..

    http://www.gq.com/fashion-shows/brief/S2010MEN-PERVMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel- I'm not the biggest fan of Patrik's stuff so I didn't include him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understood!

    I don't own any, but I find a lot of his stuff (especially the shirting) to be pretty compatible with a more classically American aesthetic. I could see why some aren't on board though.

    Love this piece, but I know peeps would disagree..

    http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/patrik-ervell-printed-shirt.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. McNairy looks like he just parachuted into the Entebbe Airport.

    I like clubs but am thinking of buying a detachable collar. Have not been able to find a high standing club collar that does not disappear under my fat face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I think I'm going to get the BBBF in white. Need to get a collar pin too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get compliments when I wear my club collar, I wear it so often I'm always surprised how many people pick up on it. Any collar pin suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. R2- Of course I do...

    http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2009/12/holiday-recommendations-want-les.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Club collar and Smedley knit waistcoat.

    Personally, I find the club collar so neat there's strong merit is wearing avec TB sans tie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you linked some of the photos. Sometimes you've got some pictures that I want to find out more about, so this should be helpful.

    ReplyDelete