Monday, January 25, 2010

Smooth And Slow Buring

I realize this post might come off as a bit irresponsible, but please do not take it as an endorsement for smoking by any means as it is more about a "mood" than anything else.  Whether or not you prescribe to the school of thought that after a stressful day a cigarette can do wonders for your nerves, there is an inherent romanticism associated with a time when a white t-shirt, a pair of shades and a soft pack were a man's best friend.  I went to college and still live in what is deemed "tobacco country" and cigarettes really are a way of life for many people down here.  There is nothing stylish about lung cancer and if there are any impressionable/stylish youths viewing this, make sure you read the packaging before you take a drag.  All health concerns aside, It's hard to deny smooth and slow burning style at its best.




 
 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. Smoking is for living fast and dying young. We can only dream... *tear*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love smoking. I wish it was good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, of course, agree. Can't get into cigarettes, maybe if I rolled my own (then I could get a cool case at least). But pipes and cigars are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Few things are as satisfying as tobacco pleasure. I would argue that despite being looked down upon by some, there is a roguish charm and display of fierce independence to enjoying a heater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My only friend who still smokes defends it as a "gay thing," since he knows the dangers (he's a doctor). Smoking is a complicated part of people's lives.

    Check your usage of *then, prescribe, and their,* in your first two sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristihern- Thanks for the proofreading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just looking back through this post randomly & I just realized that you misspelled 'burning' in the post's title...a good post nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete