Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Bean Boot Project: Dry Goods & Assorted Sundries Guest Post

Ian, one of our northern blogger brethren who runs Dry Goods & Assorted Sundries, flies a little under the radar, but that doesn't stop him from having one of the best blogs out there.  I love getting an outsider's view and Ian is one of a few of my Canadian go to's who I turn to for a different perspective on all this menswear stuff.  As a plus, outside of commenting on the requisite gear, he drops some serious musical knowledge that comes with the territory of being a DJ.  Did I mention he also knows he way around the lens too?  DG&AS is truly something special.

For his guest post, Ian provided a much needed perspective on what it's like to own and rock a pair of Bean Boots north of the border.

"Living up here in Canada, there’s never really been the same sense of legacy surrounding LL Bean as there is in the US. So from that perspective, all the recent attention being paid to Bean Boots had a different appeal for me. I had just been tipped off to something completely classic, but was yet to see another pair of them in Toronto this winter…so how could I not get a pair?

My made in the USA 10” Bean Boots with Thinsulate lining were a hundred bucks and they’re some of the most practical shoes I’ve ever owned. It’s really cold and wet out right now, but as I type this my feet are perfectly warm and dry. As a bonus, I stand out from most of my fellow Torontonians, who are either dragging their feet around in insanely heavy and too hot for the indoors Sorels (which are now being made in Vietnam, by the way) or trying to make do with an unlined pair of Red Wings (which I love, but aren’t so good for when it gets really cold out).

That’s an unbeatable bargain if you ask me."




-L.A.S

[Note: Head here for the project's backstory. Also, If you are reading this and I requested a submission from you or if you would just like to particiate please feel free to submit (contact via email). Your participation, as always, is still much anticipated and appreciated.]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the props and thanks for asking me to contribute -- 'tis an honour!

    ReplyDelete