Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Bean Boot Project: Junctioned Guest Post

Mr. Damien Davis, the blogger behind Junctioned, is a someone I am very pleased to add to The Bean Boot Project.  Damien has been a long time reader and is always part of any discussion going on around these parts.  He is constantly leaving engaging and though provoking comments and his blog is very much in line with the comments he leaves.  Junctioned is a picture heavy resource that inspires strong sentiments hence its spot in my daily rotation.  For his guest post Damien gets to the core of the L.L. Bean boot by turning the lens on himself.  He speaks on his past, future and the potential for the boots to play a role in his life as a young father.

"Inspired by the New Year, the birth of my daughter last year and The Bean Boot Project I've recently been thinking about my own upbringing. I did have a pretty decent childhood, but because of circumstances beyond my control missed out on certain, let's say, sartorial experiences, lessons and traditions that I'd wish I'd had. As I grew up I pretty much had to figure out my own style and tastes on my own without much guidance. I knew that once I had my own family I would hope to raise them to develop their own sense of style but also learn to appreciate the quality of well made things and the tradition of craftsmanship behind some of my favorite brands and products that I grew up with or had the pleasure to own.

On a visit to one of my favorite local vintage boutiques I noticed these little darlings and instantly fell in love. Not just because of the cuteness of these little bootie's, but because of why I love certain brands and goods. They are the brands that you start with, grow up in, grow old in and maybe even pass on to those that come after you.

I hope I'll get to have these types of experiences with my own."


 
 
 

-L.A.S

[Note: Head here for the project's backstory. Also, If you are reading this and I requested a submission from you or if you would just like to particiate please feel free to submit (contact via email). Your participation, as always, is still much anticipated and appreciated.]

4 comments:

  1. Great story and guest post. Loved the ending. Nicely done, Mr. Davis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and thanks for the kind words and shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this story, dude seems to have come a long way. good to see he's finally found his comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete