Monday, January 4, 2010

Always Strapped

I've got some more watch strap goodness for you guys...NATO (by Maratac) straps are highly coveted, but are often tough to find.  Even when you come across a stock of them, you're more than likely going to be limited in your options with only the solid military styles represented.  Thankfully Gnomon Watches has the hook-up.  These guys not only have the obvious selections, but a bunch of great regimental stripes choices as well (the most popular being the "James Bond" model).  I know I post about watch straps constantly, but I am becoming a bit of a fanatic.  After checking out some of these maybe you'll join me.  All straps seen below and more available here ($14 +).

And for some more info. about the straps themselves: 

"NATO Straps are made from straight weaved nylon with solid polished 316L stainless steel buckle and strap keepers. Quality made with laser welded joints. All edges and holes are laser sealed as well for a no frill no rough edges finish. All NATO straps come with an extra flap that rest behind the watch."


 
 
 
 
 
 

-L.A.S

12 comments:

  1. Do you know why the first three have the James Bond label?
    I'm a sucker for 007.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skip- Everything you ever wanted to know is right here my man...I see a new strap in your future...

    http://corvuswatch.com/index.asp?page=watchbands

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these straps. I found a sweet red, white & blue grosgrain strap on ebay w/brass hardware, kinda thom browne steez but i passed. i only have olive drab and black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep 'em coming. I love these straps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to nerd out here, but it's funny that everyone is so amp'd to put the "correct" or biggest size nato they can fit on their watch so the bars don't show, but if you look at Sean in the pics, he's a good 2-4mm short... that's some sart style for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Corvus Bond strap is the real deal. Perfect replica of the strap worn on the 007 Submariner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need a handful of 18mm spring bars... keep busting mine. anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice find dude. I have two maratec bands, but these are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! I've been looking for an affordable option for my swiss army I copped over the holidays.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah, well done. new band ordered for my old rip curl watch i'm nursing back to health.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I wrote about these back in June. My brother got me three of them for Christmas, and they're pretty nice. It did take them two weeks to ship from Singapore, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol at the Gucci one. I'd get the black bond one, the french one and the Canadian/Austrian one.

    ReplyDelete