Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lusting After: Gaucho Belts

I haven't done a "lusting after" post in a minute, partly because I'm blowing all my money on eBay thanks to whoever is stealing Cucinelli cargo pants right off the supply truck, but once I saw Christine's post on Gaucho Belts I knew one was imminent.   For someone looking for a little waist flair other than ribbon belts, which aren't the most choice option during F/W, these belts seem like a real good substitute.  Hand embroidery, brass hardware and Capybara leather are the key ingredients in this case and with all the options available (they even do custom orders) you can easily get whatever your precious little heart desires.  For about 50 bones I think we can safely tell Ralph Lauren to eat his heart out on this one.


-L.A.S

11 comments:

  1. We really owe thanks to my boyfriend . . . he asked for one for his birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really nice! Actually Gaucho is the name of the inhabitants of the Southernmost state of Brasil: Rio Grande do Sul. I lived in the state capital, Porto Alegre and I can tell you Gaucho's are the proudest people about their cultural legacy. Their traditional uniform has some other interesting pieces such as the trousers called "bombacha" and the "alpergatas" which are espadrilles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you posted this earlier. I just got back from Uruguay and Argentina like a week ago and these belts were everywhere - I could have def. copped you some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More guacho belts at www.fmallen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. On a recent visit to Buenos Aires I found them everywhere. Around 45 ARGpeso. If you know anyone there or traveling to, its worth asking them to pick up a few...

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gauchos:origen Argentina....no Brazil,no Uruguay

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the good work; I read few posts on this website, including I consider that your blog is fascinating and has sets of the fantastic piece of information. Thanks for your valuable efforts. estancia tours from buenos aires

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yesterday my boiler was bad. I was very upset. My friend told me about the gate bowler repair. His service was very good.In fact, their service is very good and they reduce it very well. Gas Boiler Repair

    ReplyDelete