Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sneak Peek: D.S. Dundee S/S 2011

The other day someone asked me who I thought the most underrated brand was.  At the time I didn't really have an answer, but the more I think about it, the more D.S. Dundee would have been as good an answer as any.  D.S. Dundee is easily one of my favorite English brands making clothes right now.  They have the uncanny ability to produce new and interesting collections while keeping their country/gentry aesthetic firmly in place.  F/W always seems to be where D.S. Dundee shines (read: 3 piece tweeds, boots, elbow patches, etc.), but from the looks of it, S/S 2011 seems like a real coup for my friends on the other side of the pond.  The entire collection is really strong and has cool vibe - American prep meets British old money.  And I'll be damned if those blue canvas saddle shoes aren't the best I have ever seen.  Jim, The Director of D.S. Dundee, requested I only post three images from the lookbook for now, so you can find three favorites below.  As soon as I get the word I'll be sure to post the entire thing. I feel like I'm sitting on the Pentagon Papers or something. Okay, maybe that was a little bit of an exaggeration.  If you're unfamiliar with D.S. Dundee I recommend hitting the post tag to get up to date - the stuff really is that good.


-L.A.S

5 comments:

  1. Always have loved their stuff, good call LAS.

    Sick saddle shoes. Say that 5 times fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Co-sign on the blue canvas saddle shoes. Those are money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that guy sad cuz is ankles is unclad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried the navy jacket on at ENK NY. Great construction and fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple pants DEFINITELY!!! I'm feeling these...nice one!

    ReplyDelete