Monday, July 26, 2010

Creep S/S 2011

When I last mentioned Creep here on Sart Inc my thoughts were summed up as follows: focused, Americana signifiers (i.e. elements of prep, workwear,etc.) and a little too fashion-y at its worst.  Looks from S/S 2011 have just recently hit the blogosphere and I'm happy to report that designer Hiroshi Awai really seems to be hitting his stride since taking over as creative director in 2008.  I can only imagine how tough it is to create a collection that is made up of many influences so I admire Hiroshi for sticking to his guns regardless of how radical things can get (um, is that a chambray chef's hat?).  There are a few pieces here that really represent what Creep is all about.  Something like a red denim peacoat hits the nail on the head in that it combines Hiroshi's love for Americana and the Japanese tendency to rework this infatuation into something new by thinking outside the box.  Creep will always be a line, at least in my eyes, that has some incredibly strong pieces that help articulate what Hiroshi is trying to do.  Lots of these very same pieces are pure winners too so that's saying a lot.  Also, great use of footwear in these shots - be sure to take notes.  You can purchase Creep at Commonwealth and Blackbird.


-L.A.S

10 comments:

  1. Looks more like a chambray turban.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great individual pieces for sure. 6th & 7th pics down far right are standout's for me as far as complete looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chambray chef hat/turban for the win. Stuff looks about 75% legit though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stuff looks creepy no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best shit I have seen on this site in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dig the cropped striped pants. This line seems pretty youthful an eclectic.

    www.mensstyle101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see inspiration from Daiki's EG in the 3rd floral outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still regret not picking up their khaki/floral trench coat on Gilt. This particular collection has some great individual pieces that I'd really like to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it.

    ~www.thatsdeck.tumblr.com
    www.thatsdeck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. What a bunch of hideous junk. The normal pieces are invisible next to such monstrosities as the floral kiddie suit.

    ReplyDelete