Saturday, July 31, 2010

Attn: Desert Mali Available Now

Clarks' F/W 2010 piéce de résistance, the Desert Mali, has quietly gone up for purchase on their UK site.  I'm not sure when, or if, this is hitting the US market so, if this boot really gets you going like a few of you claimed, you might want to pick it up now.  It retails for $140 before shipping, which is more or less in line with what everyone was predicting.  I actually thought it would be cheaper, but it's not a terrible deal when you consider just how awesome these boots really are.  Desert Boots get an insane amount of love, and are a great shoe for F/W, but the Mali seems better equipped for the weather ahead.  The brown suede model (which was unseen until now) looks good and keeps the natural crepe outsole as opposed to brown suede DB's that feature black paint - a very nice touch.  Clarks calls this re-launched style "unmistakably Originals". I agree.




-L.A.S

[Editor's Note: So apparently, Clarks UK won't ship these internationally so those of us who live stateside or anywhere else in the world will have to wait. Buzzkill.] 

5 comments:

  1. Clarks doesn't ship out of the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon- For real? That's a buzzkill. I hope they are coming stateside in that case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been lusting after these since they first appeared. I guess I can assuage myself with the fact that it won't really be boot weather for a couple more months yet. But lord, Clarks - I want these now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know what would be awesome? Dubbin-ing these with some Obenaufs for waterproofness, and when the soles fall apart, putting some Dainites on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. manifolddestiny, I think what you want are a pair of boondockers.

    ReplyDelete