Thursday, July 8, 2010

Attn: F/W 2010 New Arrivals At Rugby

By now you're probably familiar with Rugby's new season roll out modus operandi.  The collection is usually divided up into a few themes that more often than not center around prep, ivy, English gentry, etc. - pretty much anything dealing with old money type shit.  As each season approaches various pieces come out in clusters, some better than others.  F/W 2010's first deliveries have just hit Rugby's webstore and seem focused on the sport of cricket, or at least what old school cricket looks like in my mind, with navy blue, white and gray dominating the color scheme.  It's typical Rugby fair as some of the "vintage inspired varsity pieces" hit and some of them miss.  Not everything is strictly F/W and, in fact, most of the new gear is extremely transitional, meaning it will work just as well this time of year as it will in September or October - functional versatility meets shrewd business tactic.  A smattering of Sart Inc approved joints below.


-L.A.S

11 comments:

  1. That popover is Alex Grant approved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rock the blazer/sweatshorts to pick up women. Surprising, I haven't met any classy ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't see the second to last shirt on the website. the club collar oxford, where did you get that pic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon @4:59- Wow, Rugby has since removed the shirt. Sorry about that bro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The looks are quite Bastianesque. A club collared varsity striped oxford is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shorts are absolutely sick!!! A must have in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can anyone tell me what I can expect as far as fit goes in regards to the club collared oxfords? I'm a pretty broad shoulder guy and I think large could be exceptional. But I would hope it would be a tailored / slim fit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. close to a j crew fit, slightly slimmer and a bit longer in the sleeve, i wear large in both

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Michael...Thank you for the info I really appreciate your input!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What shoes are they wearing in the first two pics? Burgundy wingtips? I fink I need a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the rest of the F/W stuff is better than this. I was pretty disappointed when I saw these things.

    ReplyDelete