Wednesday, July 7, 2010

JandHP And The New Vintage

Outside of eBay it can be pretty tough nabbing all those great second hand pieces you often see posted around the blogosphere and various style forums.  JandHP, a brand new webstore, is running with the idea of vintage and adding their own twist on what it means to buy second hand.  A mutual friend hit me with JandHP's interesting backstory - Jonathan, who I can only assume is the "J" in their namesake, used to manage the NYU Rugby store and intern with the accessories division.  With his legit sewing skills he now makes and/or alters all the gear seen on the JandHP webstore.  Not only are these one of a kind pieces insanely affordable, especially for tailored goods, but they fit better than almost anything you are going to get off the rack anywhere else.  Along with the various garments you can pick up some real unique accessories as well as the best selection of vintage kicks I have seen online outside of The Bay.  Like any vintage shop the selection is highly limited so you need to be quick and deadly to snipe some of the better stuff (don't bother with the white bucks seen below as ya boy got those first and foremost).  There has never been a better excuse to get dandy.


-L.A.S

13 comments:

  1. Those vests they make are also magnificent, and priced at a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAS did you get the double monks a well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAJ- I missed out on those, but my buddy who did get them just informed me that they don't fit him so they could be mine shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LAS tell him I'll take them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone have contact info for the company? I want to know some of the measurements for the suits. And I was pretty pissed when I saw the double monks and the wingtips were sold out. Just take them down. If LAS's buddy doesn't want the wingtips puts them up for sale, I'd be more than willing to bid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take any of the lapel flowers if you don't want them. I did however score one of the jackets for the princely sum of $69 + shipping. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be careful. From their website (very non-diverse!!) it appears this company is based somewhere in asia or the third world, so caution is required. Avoid scams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laguna Beach Trad - Are you trying to be funny? You sound racist. They're based in LA man, not too far from you. Jonathan is a great guy and does all the tailoring himself. I know him well and have bought from the site. Its all legit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. btw wtf does "very non-diverse" even mean?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take the last pair of Oxfords, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dont buy this shit. This guy is a fraudulent douche bag extraordinaire. Don't contribute to his douchebaggery. He's a dick. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Anonymous Ive made 5 purchases with them over the past year, and they are GREAT people. Super kind and responsive. I hate when people have to get on blogs and post BS. Not cool to screw with good people. Wow.

    ReplyDelete