Monday, July 26, 2010

Jack Spade Credit Card Wallet

A while back I bought myself a new RRL wallet.  I even wrote a long winded piece about the emotional significance of switching out my old walled for the new RRL one.  While I still stand by everything I mentioned in that post (even though I'm sure a bunch of people found, or will find, it silly or self-righteous), after sitting on that RRL joint for something like 9 months my spine could no longer take it - that shit was massive and I don't even carry that much crap.  For someone who has always found minimalism appealing and scoffed at my friends for lugging bricks in their back pockets, I had become just another fool who was destroying his posture daily.   So last week when I was in NYC I picked myself up a Jack Spade credit card wallet.  It was the perfect size for a guy who only has two credit cards and looked cool enough for a purchase under 30 bones.  As of writing this, it's currently on sale at the Jack Spade webstore (though not as cheap as it was in-store) and a good look if one of your ass cheeks needs to take a breather (uh, pause).  And for anyone keeping score, the canvas is already aging pretty well thanks to the days where it seemed like a really good idea to wear jeans in the summer.  This is nautical. This is canvas. This is painless.
-L.A.S

14 comments:

  1. I recently had my wallet relieved from my back pocket (why I wasn't wearing my 511s, I don't know. I woulda' felt that bugger immediately). I had that wallet starting 6th grade. The one I had before it? Looney Tunes. Thinking I might go back to my roots and hit up the WB store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lugg- It doesn't get much better than personal heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Form over function, unless it's a pain in the ass. That's my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i smoke wit cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. I read your long winged piece and I totally related to it. I always think about my wallet as something I'm emotionally attached to. I've had the same one since 7th grade (10 years) and every time I want to buy a new wallet I think about how hard it will be to part ways with my old one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patrick KicklighterJuly 26, 2010 at 1:30 PM

    Emotionally attached to a wallet? REALLY GUYS? I think of my wallet as something that carries money and credit cards. Do wallets have feelings now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if you think about it, your wallet is about as personal of an object as you can carry.

    You are the only one who uses it (daily), it holds your personal identification, access to your money (cash, credit, debit cards), possibly photos of your loved ones, business cards, etc.

    How do you feel when you suspect you've lost your wallet or found that yours was stolen? I don't know if I'd consider it an emotional attachment but there certainly is some attachment comparable to that of attachment to a car or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patrick KicklighterJuly 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM

    Of course someone would freak out if they lost their wallet! Is it because it's RRL, Jack Spade, Billy Kirk, or Gucci? No - it's because it has important shit in it. How are you going to stay "mad crispy" with no duckets to buy the newest Allen Edmonds double monks? PANIC TIME SON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kicklighter- You're pretty hilarious dude. You should write a blog.

    "How are you going to stay "mad crispy" with no duckets to buy the newest Allen Edmonds double monks? PANIC TIME SON!"

    Well done homie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this would be great without the overt branding

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does the white canvas dirty up over time? I've been thinking about buying this for a few weeks now but am worried it won't look as fresh in a week or two of use (the white turning blueish, brownish yellowish ya know?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the past five years, I've been using a hinged stainless business card case that one can find on the bay for about $15. I always get compliments on it at the cash register. It forces you to keep a low profile and is unobtrusive on the seat. Mine may be a collector's item now since it has GMAC etched on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's pretty sleek looking. I'm gonna look for more pics of it. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete