Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mark McNairy Sweatpants

I've already endorsed sweat pants because everyone deserves to be a lazy bum once in a while.  As long as you remember to still keep everything together there is no reason that a classic gray pair can't serve as the foundation to a great kit.  Just look at Mr. Mort below modeling a pair from Mr. Mark McNairy.  The white button down, blazer and dirty bucks with hiking laces are so on point that the sweatpants don't detract from the look.  I'll admit it helps that those sweatpants were designed by one of the best guys working today, but I'm really digging this.  Sometimes we take this stuff so seriously we forget that comfort and a sense of humor win out at the end of the day.  If the Japanese can do it why can't we?


-L.A.S

12 comments:

  1. sweatpants and blazer... no go.


    www.picklesandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I feel about this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a couple years you'll agree how ridiculous this is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James- I'm not sure any amount of time is going to convince me that a gray pair of sweatpants is ever a bad look. I am not recommending you wear them with a blazer or whatever, I am just endorsing a comfortable classic...especially a pair as well-made and tailored as Mark's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, sweatpants are kinda' like flatbrims. If the douches didn't wear them I'd be down. But Mort pulls the look off well, as he should, he's in the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even own a pair of sweatpants, and I'm not even trying to sound like I'm this wear a blazer every day kinda guy, I'm not, I love hoodies, and t's, in their occasion, and Jeans, ahh jeans... those are my sweatpants.. and if I hit up the gym, I wear shorts...


    www.picklesandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. other than a photo studio in a blogger's apt, where would you ever wear this combo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Podein- I wasn't recommending this exact outfit, just reiterating that classic grey sweatpants are boss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have seen this look over the years, many years...just go hang out in the Mid-Atlantic...squash courts...gents coming and going to their matches. Some pull it off, some don't...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doggie, I know you aren't the type to publicly burn blogging bridges, but there's no way you think Mort is stylish. You couldn't.

    ReplyDelete