Thursday, February 4, 2010

Attn: Gant Rugger S/S 2010

With all the chatter revolving around the slick new Gant Rugger website there has been little talk of the actual upcoming S/S 2010 collection.  Well from the looks of the clothes we should be talking because it is seriously on point.  Gant Rugger isn't reinventing the wheel here, which is a good thing considering their storied heritage.  What I love most about this collection is that it not only looks to Gant's Americana roots, but also gives a slight head nod to its current European ownership (see: the collection's swimwear and outerwear).  Gant prides itself on "traditional American style with an European flair" and I really think they hit the mark with this collection from their Rugger line.  Check out the whole collection here and some of my favorite looks below.  By the way, the varsity jacket is probably the best one I have ever seen and while I normally don't get down with 'em I am most surely copping it.

 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  

-L.A.S

12 comments:

  1. I love the Blue Steel on varsity jacket guy. The first look and blue steel are the only ones appealing to me right now. Maybe I'm just still in F/W mode though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's going on in #2? I'm not sure but my guess would be bad taste... just maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think #2 and #4 were included to make everyone watching/looking etc feel good about themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL of it looks great. I've never said that about a full collection. I'm pumped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael Bastian is always on point. What's your take on the jean jacket? Think it will make a resurgence?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daryl- This collection is actually different from Gant by Michael Bastian. Rugger is designed in house by Christopher Bastin.

    Also, no one told me and my three Levi's jean jackets that they were ever out of style in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed the denim jacket memo as well. Was this legislation approved by Canada?

    I dig the varsity jacket, but not for me (don't exactly have the high school QB look going on)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The varsity jacket is nice, but only for those under 25 or over 65. Any age in between looks like your Al Bundy hanging on to your glory days.

    I like the leather jacket over the madras in the third photo.

    I'm guessing this stuff is primarily imported. Are we talking Asia or Europe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the parka's and the baseball jacket. All in all pretty good besides some missteps in the styling(pics 2&8).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the looks here

    ReplyDelete
  11. LAS: hope you took no offense the jean jacket comment. I had one as well - my father's from the 70's until my car was broken into and it stolen and believe it's a classic wardrobe staple.

    However, their appeal seems to ebb and flow almost as a trend every 5 years in the main stream.

    ReplyDelete