Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tom Ford S/S 2010

I don't talk about "fashion" a lot, but I find it hard not to mention the badass-ery that is Tom Ford.  The newly turned critically acclaimed director and outfitter of James Bond is back with what can only be described as resort formal wear on acid.  This collection, outside of the standard pastels you usually see this time of year, is absolutely batshit.  I'm all about this kind of "middle finger to the world" kind of gear and think it's just generally pretty awesome.  There is no doubt this is out of my price range and sartorial scope (I don't know of many people who are actually this fresh in real life), but I can still respect and appreciate the risks and attitude Mr. Ford puts into all of his collections.  See more of his signature wide, peak lapels here and some of my favorites below.

 
  
  
  
 

-L.A.S

9 comments:

  1. Damn. That's all I'm gonna say....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There isn't much of what he makes besides his sunglasses that I could afford myself. The guy is definitely a bad ass designer though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to clarify Lawrence, Batshit is a good thing? This collection is outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, wanna bet the sartorialist was on his idea board for that first outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim- Batshit just means crazy in general. In this case it is a good thing.

    The Sartorialists street shots on probably on more inspiration/mood boards that I care to imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy rad looks. I'd love any guy who can pull off that last look to be my date for a summer wedding! So hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could afford his stuff. Wish I was a little bit taller...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. For lack of a better word, it's fierce. Great collection. I dig the sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete