Friday, February 26, 2010

From The Inbox: Harris Tweed On The Cheap

Mr. AKC, who is currently busy with actual sartorial business, sent a pretty sweet link my way this morning.  Apparently for the insanely low price of around 30 bones (includes shipping yo) you can grab some handsome looking Harris Tweed ties.  This is pretty amazing when you consider that J. Crew sells their own ties for like 80 bucks or whatever.  With all the snow that is still getting dumped on the east coast (the right coast, right?) heavy weight fabric ties are still very much in play.  I've been on such a S/S bender over here that I may just need to check myself before I wreck myself.  Cheers to Antonio for shooting these my way and subsequently bringing me back to reality.  As he put it, "Who needs Olch when you've got the original?" Not I and especially not my wallet.

 
  
  
  
  
  
  

-L.A.S

11 comments:

  1. I'm kicking myself having recently paid over 200 green ones for a Borelli version of the red herringbone number(admittedly cashmere not humble wool).....these look very good and at around $35 are a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first one, and you can see the authentic harris tweed label on it. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, I love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Might not be none left after this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I sent it to you I looked around more on the website. Take some time and check it out if you can. There's a whole boatload of killer stuff there. Ever wanted a Harris Tweed dopp kit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I emailed Harris to find put how wide the ties are and it looks like they are a little wider than some at 9cm at it's widest, but then there are always these guys who can sort it for 20 dollars www.tiecrafters.com (recommended by Hermes!) and it's still a good price. Keep up the good work, you are my new fav blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenn- They are too cheap not to pass up for something so easily fixed. Thanks for the kind words my man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some amazing Harris Tweed jackets at very low prices visit www.vintagewhistles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete