Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lusting After: Woolrich Woolen Mills Carlsbad Jacket

 
[Pictured: Woolrich Woolen Mills Carlsbad jacket available for $450-$550 here and here.]

If you don't think this jacket is boss I'm not sure if we can be friends anymore. Seriously.  The Carlsbad jacket isn't just the key piece of Daiki Suzuki's WWM S/S 2010 collection, but my most coveted item of the upcoming season as a whole - that's how much I am digging it.  

I like to think that my wardrobe is pretty diverse as far as different styles go, but when it comes warm weather everything shifts, at least to some degree, towards vintage surf and skate culture.  The entire WWM S/S 2010 collection is based around what a vintage surfer (think 50's, 60's, 70's) would wear when he wasn't hitting the waves and the Carlsbad jacket is the epitome of this.  It specifically is "inspired by vintage outdoor jackets of the 1960’s" and "the fabric is a water resistant durable cotton poly poplin that was considered the best fabric for the outdoors."  It's a highly technical piece, much like all of Daiki's designs, but the details are what truly won me over.  The leather toggles, contrasting shoulder yolks, hood, etc. really set this jacket off and, quite frankly, justify that major buzzkill of a price tag.  

Of the two colorways I'm partial to the beige, but you can't really go wrong with either.  It merely comes down to how much contrasting you want to go with and since the jacket is pretty understated as it is, I'd prefer to rock the more "startling" of the two.  But honestly, if I had my druthers, I'd cop both like it aint no thang.



-L.A.S

16 comments:

  1. If the length of this jacket was a bit longer, it'd be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is pretty cool, but not $500 cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking jacket...$450-$500 is outrageous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, although the blue is a bit more tempting than the beige. Hopefully we'll all see this on Gilt in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried to get this jacket for a long time, but unfortunately it's unavailable in all the stores I have asked for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woolrich è sempre stato il mio preferito, in modo incredibile! http://www.woolricharticparkaitoutlet.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Liebe der Mode Woolrich Parka. Immer lieben.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woolrich Parka è necessario in inverno. Voglio aggiungere questo per il mio guardaroba.
    Woolrich Outlet It Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ich mag deine Post sehr, ich danke Ihnen für die gemeinsame Nutzung.

    ReplyDelete
  10. like the style of your post and the pics in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your post is really very good, as well as the pictures in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the post in your blog, which attracts me much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that brand very much, cool and fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. große Liebe auf die Post und die Bilder in Ihrem Blog.

    ReplyDelete