Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Aint Nothing But A Critter Party

I'll be the first to admit that I do indeed rock critter gear.  It's not so much a "look at how old my money is" thing, considering I don't have any, as it is a way for me to have fun with what I wear.  Lots of us menswear folk take the whole preppy vs. ivy vs. trad thing so seriously that we often lose sight of the simple fact that clothes are to be enjoyed - it's as simple as expressing yourself while having a grand ole time.

You can hit up wherever and grab as many pairs of critter shorts or pants as your heart desires because this S/S I'm going to be all over critter neckwear.  Finishing off a simple kit (i.e. oxford shirt, chinos, canvas sneaks) with some over the top bowtie brimming with creatures is what you'll probably catch me in when the temperatures reach about 60 (which in Charlotte is like in two weeks).  It really is as simple as breathing some life into your standard uniform and luckily J. Press is a goddamn zoo these days.

 
  
 
 
  
  
  
  
  
  

-L.A.S

9 comments:

  1. Yea, ties I can get behind. Pants, shorts, shirts, etc. not so much. That red dolphin bow would be the jam with a blue oxford (sleeves rolled) and rolled khakis (preferably somewhere around the beach).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diggin the turtle on the navy. I would rock that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at my work we used to sell a gytha mander necktie with wolves on it and one sheep right in the bottom middle. the best, i wish i could find a picture online!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lobsters. I was looking for critter pants like a mofo the other day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-oh. Get ready for hateful comments from those who are mortally offended that you included two--two!--ties with elephants but none with donkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KumamotoJoe- Didn't even realize that, good eye. If anyone has beef it's with J. Press not I. I cannot control what they do or do not stock.

    But then again, if someone was going to get all up in arms over that kinda stuff you should probably find another of the 1000 blogs out there to read.

    Cheers to my political readers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never really been a fan of critter-wear, but those puffin neckties are very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the puffin and the pig for me and in a similar ensemble as Conor's - sans the rolled khakis. Maybe some seersucker for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving it, loooove it... but i love myself some animals...


    www.picklesandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete