Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Your Trucker Alternative

There is a good chance you are not down with denim jackets.  I like 'em, but when lots of folks picture a Levi's Trucker dreams of college theme parties, Canadian tuxedos and Kanye West dance through their head.  Despite the relative acceptance of the denim jacket within the style set and more examples of how to pull it off then you could ever want, it can be an admittedly tough pill to swallow.  The Trucker jacket as a whole (all fabric aside) is pretty much the perfect fall jacket - it's easy to layer, has classic American good looks and is a damn fine value.  Luckily, Levi's makes a corduroy Trucker for everyone too busy to worry about upstaging a groom from the great white north.  Right now, Levi's has both a tan and rust version on the books, so whether your M.O. is to blend in or stick out you should be good to go.  I should also note that a high profile collaboration between Levi's and Filson has birthed a tin cloth Trucker as well - be on the lookout for that in the coming months.   Get yourself a Trucker and let's party like it's 2010.


-L.A.S

8 comments:

  1. Trouble with denim jackets? BLACK JEANS LAWRENCE. BLACK JEANS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon @2:04- I have no trouble with denim jackets myself so don't worry about me. But I also don't wear black jeans so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I know you don't like black jeans, I was trying to persuade you otherwise is all. Some tasteful black jeans like these LVCs - http://caliroots.com/realdeal/product.asp?id=21580 - paired with a slim fit washed trucker and white plims, authentics, supergas, purcells, whatever. It's a really young look but cmon boy I'm pretty sure you've endorsed Sambas if you can wear them you can wear this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. c'mon with those black jeans anon @2:34 you might as well just get black shrink to fit 501s or find some thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay what about Comune's black wax coated jacket?

    SHITS BANANAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I was just thinking about this jacket! I saw it two weeks ago (In Red) at bloomingdales and I thought to myself I have to own this jacket!!! Nice one! I love the denim jacket by Levis but a corduroy is a must own in my book. I recently bought a pair of slim fit Marc Jacobs in black (cotton / spandex) and they are sick! The fit is fantastic and its the one pair of jeans I wish I had in various colors. In my opinion if you're going to buy a pair of black denim they either have to be slim or skinny. What it comes down to is how you rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @h i wasnt suggesting anyone actually bought those jeans, they only have one size left in stock and it's a deadstock model that i believe was only released in scandinavia. i was just trying to get the idea across because i couldn't find any decent fit pics of 511s that werent too tight

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get down with black jeans in the winter, denim jackets, cord jackets, whatever. Hell, I even have a black denim jacket that I really like.

    I picked up this particular cord jacket in tan and it fits perfectly. Color is a bit darker than what the product photo would lead you to believe but it is still cool. Very soft, too.

    ReplyDelete