Friday, August 27, 2010

YMC Nano

We all have those sartorial unicorns.  You know, that one item we covet, but have yet to actually pin down and pull the trigger on.  The perfect yellow rain slicker is one such item for yours truly.  I've settled in the past, but have yet to truly find that one joint I picture in my head when I think about the classic yellow slicker.  YMC is a brand I don't normally rep over here, I'll be honest.  Regardless, they have put out some impressive gear as of late, like their new Nano multi-pocket jacket.  It's pretty sweet for the most part, featuring drawstrings in all the right places, white contrast zippers/buttons, and a great length.  And look at all those pockets.  Actually, the thing that keeps this jacket from being an insta-cop are those very same pockets.  With seven total there are about, I don't know, four too many.  The $209 pricetag isn't that jarring, but for that kind of money I'd want things cleaned up a bit.  But then again, maybe this is your unicorn.  And who am I to keep it off the Ark?


-L.A.S

19 comments:

  1. sartorial unicorn? better register that service mark son... killer copy as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon @1:10- Thanks for the edit man. I'm obviously not really that religious of a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow rain slicker? Why not Helly Hansen for legit options at 1/2 to 1/10th the price of this item?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incred- Helly Hansen is def. a good value, but the outerwear looks a little too "tech-y" for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After passing on J.Crew's yellow slicker in 2008, I'm been searching for a yellow mac-style raincoat, something with lapels and no hood. I've seen plenty of yellow parkas but no macs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Tech-y" describes 99.9% of HH's stuff pretty well. There are a few simple pieces here and there, e.g. the Mandal which just might be be too basic:

    http://www.hellyhansengear.com/p-283-a-series-mandal-jacket.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen a lot of great yellow slickers lately from Folk, to Univ. Works, and now YMC. J.Crew should definitely bring back their version. After seeing it on SE, I think it's one of the best looking slickers out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a B.O.O. get-up from last year that actually fits like it was made for grown-ups. IMPO, rain slicks should always be yellow, when else can you wear a yellow jacket and not look like a valet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. HH looking too techy? Thrift it, yo. They made mad thick rubber slickers back in the early 90s, lates 80s. Almost poncho length. Problem is finding it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. unrelated to the post, but what do you think about these, L.A.S.? LEC bean boots!

    http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/DuckBoots~214316_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::DRC&CM_MERCH=IDX_00017__0000002501&origin=index

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hideous as usual

    Killed it once again Sart Inc! Don't worry it's almost fall so you can start your non-stop dribble about Bean Boots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When are you gunna put a new post already? Sart Inc is the only dose of excitement I get in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think he takes the weekends off. I don't blame him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can never get into this brand too, must be the name, You Must Create, sounds pretty dumb to me...sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  16. He must only blog when nestled in the confines of his New Jersey customer service cubicle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a step up from me. I only blog when I'm on the crapper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @The Enthusiast

    Looks like you should get some more fiber into your diet.

    ReplyDelete