Monday, August 16, 2010

Big Shrimpin'

Billy Reid's final sale is going on right now and with deals up to 75% off you might want to do yourself a favor and check it out.  There is a good amount of stuff to go through, but I'm digging the Shrimper Coat most of all.  The key here being the new $150 price tag - I dig a lot of things at $150 that I don't at $595.  Sizes are scarce so for those of you lucky enough to wear a size large you have your pick between both a yellow and blue waxed canvas model.  I enjoy a yellow rain slicker myself, but if all you see is fishsticks the blue might be a better fit.  The Shrimper Coat is cropped at the waist, features a chambray lining and looks to be the perfect jacket to handle fall rain.  Check out all the killer details below.  Big shrimpin' and saving cheese...


-L.A.S

14 comments:

  1. I tried on the navy one... nice jacket. I'd call a Billy Reid store too if you're not a large, they may be able to locate your size. I'm working with my local shop right now trying to find me my size in a popover shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawrence—will you take my picture, cuz I won't remember?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Filter- Whatever happened to you guys? That was solid jam for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe man, sad to see these again when they don't have my size :( Such nice jackets though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it the model or does this seem to be ill fitting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, if you like the distressed suede lace-up shoe and you are a size 9, its $248 on Billy Reid but $158 on Gilt today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lawrence—mostly heroin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sleeve lengths look as if they need some attention. The model whoever he is looks ridiculous. His wrists would be freezing off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Billy Reid's models always seem to be wearing ill-fitting clothes. I don't get it. His clothes have always fit me fine. It's a strange aesthetic choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree Stephen. His clothes always fit me perfectly but I have to do a double take when I see this.

    I really wanted the Folk Rainmac in yellow but I think I'm too late. This might be it (in Large).

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will seriously post about ANYTHING that is on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anon @5:33- My bad. I forgot how rich you are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cutty Yellow Shrimper on the way! BTW, the woman who answered the Bond Street store laughed when I asked about the sleeve length. Apparently this is a pretty common question.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I guess you thought that "Big Pimpin'" reference was real cute. Well, it was. No homo.

    ReplyDelete