Monday, August 23, 2010

Supreme F/W 2010 Preview

I'll be honest, I don't normally search out Supreme, but when I get hit with a reminder to do so I often leave thinking about how solid of a brand these guys are.  Yes, it's certainly not for everyone. Yes, it's expensive. And yes, it takes some balls to wear a majority of their gear on the reg.  All that aside, most of us can appreciate what Supreme means to the menswear landscape and culture in general.  Their F/W 2010 preview is up now and it's full of eye-catching pieces and Supreme's one of a kind aesthetic.  The outerwear is particularly strong and features a bunch of classic styles and silhouettes reworked for the kind of guy who is willing to pay a little extra to stand out.  Let's add some fuel to the quilted fire...


-L.A.S

11 comments:

  1. Meh. Good for street stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking Supreme for a week to get the jump... and it goes up while I'm mowing. Gay. That quilted leather bomber is straight killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outerwear, non-flannel shirts, cut & sew t's (Apache, Hockey), pretty much every pant, shit is all killer.

    Glenn O'Brien knows whats up... Supreme chinos cannot be beat. I'm wearing my olive joins from spring '08 now and they keep getting better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure this is a Junya collab with the folks at Supreme. Just giving credit where credit is due.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vik- What's a Junya collab? The collection? A specific piece?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little while back you posted this garment on your blog. I saw it again via prepidemic. It's the shirt worn by the gentleman on the right in the photo at the top of the page. In your original post I commented how much I liked it and when I saw this photo it was nice to see it in action.

    http://www.prepidemic.com/archives/brands-to-know-ovadia-sons/

    ReplyDelete
  7. DC- Yeah, those are the Ovadia brothers who run the brand. I met them last week and they are great guys. Not to mention the gear is mind blowing in person. It ain't gonna be cheap either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe L.A.S is talking about Supreme. It just cannot be preppy/boring enough for the jerkoffs who love this site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon @5:12- I'm not sure how long you have been coming to SI, but I've talked about Supreme before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The leather joint is nice. I'm looking for a nice beat up fitted leather tho. Any ideas L.A.S.? -Jason

    ReplyDelete