Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lusting After: Quoddy Masleet Oxford



[Pictured: Quoddy Masleet Oxford available soon at NYC's Leffot.  Pictures courtesy of Por Homme by way of Swipe Life.]

Everyone pretty knows all there is to know about Quoddy at this point.  The Maine shoemaker produces handmade, expertly crafted shoes and are best known for their mocassin styles.  The price are pretty steep at around $200 plus, but at the same time you are getting a pair of shoes that will last you a very long time (not to mention the whole, "get better with time" mantra you hear from a lot of top brands today).  As far as my moc situation is concerned, I'm personally never going to spend that much money for a shoe I can get from Eastland or L.L. Bean for under $80, though if I was it would be on this navy/red brick sole release just announced today.  Navy shoes have been highly coveted by yours truly as of recent and the red brick sole just seals the deal...at this very moment there is not a more desirable combination of colors than a navy upper with a red sole.  I wish I had a price on these, but they have yet to hit the streets so we're all playing the waiting game.  I don't know about you guys, but I'd wear these in a heartbeat.

-L.A.S

3 comments:

  1. I dig them and all the stuff they have done with south willard... just can't stomach the price tag...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect mid-weather shoe but imperfect price. The detailed sewing gives the shoe plenty of visual weight up top, making sure that the red brick isn't the only thing that draws your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enthusiast- Great comment on the stitching...something else was catching my eye and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Great work as per usual.

    ReplyDelete