Tuesday, November 3, 2009

ACL x Cole, Rood & Haan Co.



[Pictured: Cole, Rood & Haan Co. x A Continuous Lean Jack dessert boot available here for $395.00]

I haven't seen these posted anywhere (am I right?) so I figured I'd throw them up in a quick post.  I know Mr. Williams has a ton of exclusive stuff planned for his ACL store, but I didn't think that stuff was supposed to be online yet.  Anyhow, Cole, Rood & Haan Co. are a primary advertiser over at ACL and sponsor his film series as well, so this shoe seems like the next logical step.  The model, called Jack, is in the vein of the classic suede desert boot, but with what appears to be some modern details aka a slimmer and updated sole.

p.s. Check out the Cole, Rood & Haan Co. webstore for some archival goodness.  If you've got the money they seem like a pretty good investment.  Especially these.

-L.A.S


6 comments:

  1. You're always ahead of the game. I just posted on J.Crew's desert boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend - what makes these so much better than a classic pair of clark's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAM - Ah, the one million, or should I say 395, dollar question. If it was me, I'd save the 200 or so dollars and go with the Clarks. These have what appears to be a slightly slimmer toe and a more rugged sole, but I always go with the original. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like there's a typical "designer" (or collaborator, however you want to classify it) markup involved...no? Why not keep them accessible?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the clarks db's but those are nice!

    ReplyDelete