Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dr. Martens Wasp Weston Boot




[Pictured: Dr. Martens Wasp Weston Boot available for $130.00.]

While the original Dr. Martens boot has some seriously awesome history behind it, I can see how it would be a little too punk rock for a lot of people including myself.  With that being said, I really like their new Weston Boot.  Part of their Wasp collection (tongue in cheek much?), the Weston boot is the British brand's foray into "outdoor Americana styling".  The boot brings together a lot of Dr. Martens' signature elements and said Americana elements to create an interesting combination.  I'm always on the lookout for foreign takes on our country's staples and this is one of the best I've seen outside of the Japanese brands who have been doing it real well for a while.  The yellow welt trim is particularly striking and I really appreciate the abbreviated moc toe.  Overall, The Weston is a very stylish boot tailored made for gallivanting around the city (slim sole included) and for under $150.00 it's a bargain.  Along with the Timberland Abington collection, these are currently the best non-Red Wing, non-Thorogood boots on my radar.


 



-L.A.S

5 comments:

  1. I received these shoes as a birthday gift a few days ago. Upon opening the box, I immediately tried them on — and I haven’t wanted to take them off since! They’re, by far, the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn. They’re extremely light, yet they seem to offer great support in all the right places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for an excellent weblog !! I discovered some useful information and will suggest your blog for all my buddies.

      Delete
  2. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was lucky to buy a pair (black) in a charity shop in England for only £20. Maybe $17 ?.Very comfortable and they polish well.

    ReplyDelete