Monday, November 30, 2009

The Bean Boot Project: Joe Gannon Guest Post

Take one look at the post tags over at Joe's blog and you'll be quick to realize it isn't your average, run of the mill men's style blog.  "Childhood Dreams", "Old Movies" and "Brotally" are just a few reasons you should be reading it already.  I find myself drawn to people with unique perspectives and interesting things to say and Mr. Gannon is one of those people.  From a recent entry on his father-in-law's keys, to anecdotes about buying clothes for his son, Joe is chronicling the kinds of experiences and stories I couldn't dream of doing here at Sartorially Inclined.  On top of all this, he's just a straight-up great guy who is always willing to chat.  Read his blog and follow him on Twitter...I promise you will not be disappointed.

For Joe's guest post he sent over a great head-to-toe look that is anchored by, of course, a pair of vintage L.L. Bean boots.  He shares with us a little of his own aesthetic and sends some styling advice our way.  As far as I'm concerned, it's all simple, rugged perfection.


1.) Chesapeake Bay Retriever
2.) Billy Reid Conservation Hat
3.) 1982 Mercedes 300TD Wagon
4.) Vintage Bean Boots
5.) F.M. Allen Navy Sporting Dogs Bow Tie
6.) Polo Ralph Lauren Fine Slim Custom-Fit Stripes Oxford
7.) Barbour Tweed Windowpane Jacket
8.) Beretta Silver Pigeon
9.) Orvis All-Leather Field Pant
10.) Filson Original Hunting Vest

"I don’t profess to be a died-in the-wool hunter, though I do hunt semi-regularly.  Consequently, I don’t count myself in the category of style blogger-plenty of people who actually know what they’re talking about are doing good things in that genre.  I exist (and focus my blog) somewhere in between.  I have things that I like (some more than others) and I tend to gravitate, taste-wise, towards things that have a tie to the sporting life.  Whether it’s a pair of buckskin gloves or a bow tie with hunting dogs, I like to have at least one component of my ensemble reveal the faintest hint of my affinity for the outdoors.

Taking a card from Giovanni Agnelli’s deck, I tend to enjoy the juxtaposition of things formal and sporting.  Even before I knew that he pioneered this look, the pairing of opposites was my “go to” when an event’s guidelines of formality were not clearly defined.  The iconic Bean Boots are a great way to bring even the most formal attire down a notch.  Paired with a suit and a rakish attitude, Bean Boots can speak volumes of your personality.  As Agnelli remarked of his propensity for combining the seemingly incongruent, "…people will look twice, but that’s the point of fashion."  I tried to capture this feeling in my Bean Boot/Agnelli inspired head to toe.  It exists as, I feel, country and city.  Here and there.  Equally at home for cocktails and quail hunts."

-L.A.S

[Note: Head here for the project's backstory. Also, If you are reading this and I requested a submission from you or if you would just like to participate please feel free to submit (contact via email). Your participation, as always, is still much anticipated and appreciated.]

11 comments:

  1. I have discovered way too many great new blogs through this series. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manifold- One of the many reasons I set out to do this whole thing. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, I grew up hunting (among other crazy things) and I wholeheartedly agree, it's not just about the clothes. It's more a fulfillment of a man's core existence. To hunt is to pursue the perpetuation of the cycle of life and understand a means of survival and existence. You must discipline yourself to become completely peaceful and confident to succeed. The clothing apart from the hunt is a direct reminder of its inherently pure masculinity and virility. A non-hunter wearing hunting accouterments is immediately recognizable.

    By the way, I've decided my next sled is going to be a vintage merc diesel. I love old cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! What a beautiful idea. This is the way our mind desires. We can think a lot of these in our blog as well. Thank you for promoting tips and wonderful inspirations!

    Thanks a lot for this share….
    David recently posted...Lacrosse Rubber Hunting Boots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its really nice explanation, thanks for this good gift

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! You’ve written a great blog content
    I was searching for reliable info about this topic
    This has fully drawn my whole attention
    I am here for my good luck
    Keep continue with your hard work!
    Here is one of my recommended sites you may visit to learn more: Click on the
    no text anchor to read more about various sorts of rubber hunting boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have more benefited from this good idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. The smartest way to deal with stress is to deal with it directly Cigarettes Online. It can be exercised away, massaged away, or relaxed away. I advocate a regimen of all three Tobacco Store. Regular exercise helps one sleep better at night. It keeps muscles flexible and loose Marlboro Red Cigarettes. It also keeps us at our fighting weight Cigarette Tobacco For Sale, which helps keep stressful fat off the body. Massage, of course, is a fantastic supplement to working out, as well as the most direct way to deal with stress trapped in the muscles and joints of the body Cheap Cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete