Monday, November 16, 2009

Slept On: Timberland Abington Collection



[Pictured: Fall '09 Timberland Abington Collection.  All pictures courtesy of Freshness Mag.']

At some point in early Septermber the streetwear sites lit up with information regarding Timberland's Fall '09 Abington Collection.  Is it just me, or did the rest of us completely miss the boat on these?  I've always found Timberland to be severly underrated when it came to producing quality, good looking boots.  You'll never catch me in a pair of their premium boots because that just isn't my style, but a lot of their fringe stuff, like these Abington boots, are killer. 

The Abington collection is aimed at those looking for "classic", "authentic" and "rugged".  In theory that's something I can most definetely get behind. Thankfully, this isn't just a "great on paper" sort of thing and what's really supprising is how great the boots actually look.  For a lot of guys, Red Wings just aren't worth the price tag, so I'm always on the lookout for alternatives (not to mention Timberland's Abington are more hike ready than work ready if that happens to be more your speed).  The boots are handcrafted using premium materials, so keep in mind these fall into the upscale category.  I really like the first pair shown below.  They have a cool "Danner with an edge" vibe and would be awesome with yellow or red laces (see: this old post). Only being available at select retailers is kind of a buzzkill, but luckily they are on the web at some familiar locations.  Buy them now at U.O. for a reasonable $190 (how is this exclusive again?)...

-L.A.S



4 comments:

  1. Yup, you're right. Streetwear blogs went GAGA (no Lady) for this collection. I remember the collection being much bigger too and at the time the Goodfoots and Randsoms and Undefeateds of the world got 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stared at the moc toe for some time trying to figure out what bothered me about it. I think it's the thinness of the sole but it's minor detail that only the wearer would notice. I would mos def cop the Danner-esque boots on the top. They put just enough of a twist on it to make it unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one who gets terribly frustrated at companies that don't let you look at their products on their website? The olive pair, and the brown ones to the right of them are pretty sweet, but I could pass on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valuable info On Danner Black Boot Dressing. Lucky me I found your web site by accident, and I am shocked why this accident didn’t happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete