Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Bean Boot Project: A Time To Get Guest Post

A Time To Get is practically everyone's favorite blog.  This should come as no surprise as you would be hard pressed to find a more expertly curated site on the internet.  It's always a pleasure to read a new post by Nick championing some obscure, classic and often just downright rad taste of his.  These very tastes coupled with Nick's laid back, picture heavy style leaves a lot of room for interpretation and participation from readers and I can often be found in the comments section.  When ATG was voted the # 7th best Men's Style blog by the readers of Jake Davis I was not surprised, especially considering the fact that I voted for him myself.  I congratulated Nick on this distinction, and his response was, "I just want people to find cool shit, that's all. I could care less about being cutting edge and ahead of trends."  That right there is all you need to know folks.  A guy, a blog and some cool shit. Amen.

I first approached Nick about this project quite some time ago and he was hesitant to say the least.  While he supported me going forward with my passion project he wasn't quite sure what he could contribute.  Nick claimed lack of knowledge on the subject, but still took the time to ask why I was so "stoked" on it.  I told him my vision for the project and how the ability of the boot to connect across generations was one of my main focuses.  Using this as a starting point he sent me one of the coolest images I have ever seen involving the L.L. Bean boot.  I have no idea where he found this, if he made it or anything so if you want to know you are going to have to ask the man himself.  Nick runs a great blog and is an even better guy (not to mention the dude is a watch and strap guru).  His request, "Maybe I can learn from you" was one of the most flattering moments in my young blogging career.  Thanks to Nick for this classic submission.



-L.A.S

[Note: Head here for the project's backstory. Also, If you are reading this and I requested a submission from you or if you would just like to participate please feel free to submit (contact via email).  Your participation, as always, is still much anticipated and appreciated.]

1 comment: