Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dried Blood

Did you guys catch this post on The Trad last week?  John got an incredible Mercer & Sons shirt in a beautiful Buffalo Bill dried blood gingham.  I loved the shirt because it not only looks awesome, but reinforced something I've been saying for a while - wear some goddamn gingham in F/W!  The only hard part is finding the right color.  Well, guess what? Dried blood is "the right color".  Ironically enough, Hamilton 1883 just released their own version of the exact same shirt.  I own a few Hamilton 1883 shirts and I stand by them 100%.  From the quality, to the collar to the fit - it's all gravy.  Yes, I know, this stuff is expensive, but when you put on a Hamilton shirt you can feel the difference versus, say, a shirt from Brooks Brothers.  Now, there is nothing wrong with a Brooks Brothers shirt, I just wanted you to know that the price difference isn't merely a markup.  At the very least, think of this as a reminder to add some gingham to that Christmas list of yours - unfortunately, you can't wear a Hess truck.


-L.A.S

4 comments:

  1. dried blood. he had me right there. plus like the slightly picnicy size. not for all but right in 10e wheelhouse. good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I want the HESS truck so badly! Haven't you seen the commercials?! So badass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pipe down, Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own a few (7-8 1883) Hamilton shirts too and agree with you 100%, but those are some affected folks at that store. I mean they sent me a blank gift card just in case I wanted to give one as a gift. A little presumptuous and tacky if you ask me. I generally know where to find gift cards when I want to buy one. And the new monogram shirts that say "mine" are straight flaming. My two cents.

    ReplyDelete