Thursday, December 9, 2010

Attn: Oak Street Bootmakers Boots Pre-Order

When Oak Street Bootmakers popped up on the scene a few months ago lots of people wanted to know where the actual boots were.  Yeah, their shoes were awesome, but where were the heavy duty kicks for F/W?  Well, after debuting their line of boots at this year's Pop Up Flea, Oak Street has just put their boots online for pre-order.  I saw these in person and I want everyone to know that they are indeed incredible.  The three styles, a camp boot, a hunting boot and a hunting chukka are all handsome as hell and made with the kind of attention to detail you normally see in boots twice as expensive.  The stats are identical to their shoes - Horween Chromexcel leather and made in the U.S.A.  If you are into the Americana look and need a new pair of boots for the next, I don't know, 20 or so years, I highly recommend heading down Oak Street.


-L.A.S

11 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to pick-up the Hunt Boot, myself. Once you try it on, it's more than a little hard not to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it, I was going to pull the trigger on the Thorogood for Epaulet boots but those Hunt Boots are so nice and over $100 cheaper then Yuketen. Now I'm just stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lawrence, when was the last time you had diarrhea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the white soles are played out. Love the leather and style, tho. Would like to see a low-pro Vibram sole on the hunting boot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the first two look more or less like red wings and the third looks like an archive shoe from llbean signature. i like them all but they better spit quality and price if they are not gonna have originality
    http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignature/llb/shop/65127?subrnd=1&parentCategory=505906&feat=505906-sigtn&cat4=505905

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous 4:05:

    These boots are obviously intended to be well-executed iterations of classic designs. Quality and value (as opposed to the simplistic concept of "price") are THE criteria, not what they have to fall back on for lack of originality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great. I know Simple Threads did a pretty good review of the Oxfords a few months ago. I think these new models are more accommodating to my lifestyle and work habits though. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THINK THEY WERE INSPIRED BY YUKETAN?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who do you think Yuketan was inspired by? None of the boots in this category are particularly original, that's not the point. The point is to keep American classic styles alive. If you want a fashion boot, you're looking in the wrong place if your looking at any of the handmade boots from Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading you blog is having some unintended consequences for me. Directly copied gchat w/ my significant other:

    me: would you ever wear shoes that look like this? http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footwear/brown-vibram-sole-camp-boot.html
    boy: ehh, maybe
    boy: i'm guessing that would make you happy?
    me: it would
    boy: well if that's the case
    anything to increase the number of bjs received

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hannah- Thank you for just posting likely the best comment I will ever read on Sart Inc. Cheers to you and your boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete