Monday, October 26, 2009

Lusting After: Vintage Omega Seamaster



[Pictured: 1953 Omega Seamaster.]

Sart Inc is currently all over eBay trying to secure a vintage watch for everyday rotation.  I've never been that huge of a watch guy, but the times are most definitely a changing.  I have a vintage Tag courtesy of my Pops, but that watch is currently in need of some serious service.  The vintage L.L. Bean field watch mentioned in an earlier post is nearing pocession (fingers crossed), which is a much needed coup, but I can't shake these vintage Omega Seamaster's.  You can find them all over eBay and for the right price I can't think of a cooler watch to make your own. Be warned: you're going to have to dig deep (i.e. $200-$300+) to get one of these.  Beautiful watches speak for themselves and a vintage Omega Seamaster takes the minimalist, classy approach to a whole new stratosphere.  Hamilton eat your heart out.  While I defer this purchase until the holidays/bonus time at work, check out some serious eye candy with me...










[Update: For those looking to get in on the action, here ya go.  Happy bidding.]

-L.A.S

9 comments:

  1. excellent watch choice. I have my grand father's Omega and love it. Easy to dress up and easy to go casual with. If I'm traveling it's the only watch i take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian - I'm hoping I can snag one. They are gorgeous timepieces and complete a wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, good luck. I like vintage Rolexes myself, but Omega's are good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you can pick this piece up, it looks killer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A & Enthusiast - After contacting the buyer directly and trying to get a buy it now price, it soon became quite clear that I could not bring myself the pay the $325 they were asking. I instead went with this...

    http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/P10808960.jpg

    A $700 dollar black face, classy field-esque model for $125. I can't wait to get some new bands for it.

    I gracefully let the Omega go and if anyone wants the direct listing feel free to email me. "If you love something, set it free..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a vintage Omega Seamaster (automatic) I won on Ebay a few years ago...gold with a cream face. I think I won it for just under $300 - well worth the investment. The black one you have posted is really nice...it may make 'the list'.

    The watch you decided on is really nice as well. I like the numbers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. JRS - I am going to do a comprehensive post when the watch arrives...I am pretty excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing information...visit the site Easywayfinder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Their particular obtained onto your website despite the fact negotiating reputation merely several tid tad submits. Rewarding strategy for forth-coming, I am bookmarking prior to starting grab goods bottom line spgs entirely upwards. Omega Uhren

    ReplyDelete