Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stumbled Across: Too Much of a Good Thing?

First Jake, then me, then Aaron, and now me again...The Gap seems to be getting a lot of face time around the menswear blogosphere recently.  After heading back to their website to track down Aaron's chambray, I came across another interesting piece courtesy of Mr. Patrick Robinson.  These buffalo plaid shirts are Gap's take on the Filson classic, with a little modern twist.  I'm not sure how I feel about the contrast plaid interior as it envokes a little of the "hey, look at me...look how hard I'm trying to be stylish" manifesto of poorly dressed men.  Anyhow, check out these brand spankin' new offerings and roll up your sleeves at your own risk.

Gap Fitted Buffalo Plaid Shirt...$49.50





-L.A.S

9 comments:

  1. These are neat and, yes, pushing the 'forced' look. I buy a few pieces from Gap every year and I don't think these will make it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enthusiast - Neat is a great way to describe them. A little too kitschy for my closet at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contrasting pieces are too much. It defeats the purpose of the shirt... Gap has had some hits recently, but they have had some misses as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A piece like this makes you look like you are trying way too hard.

    If you are gonna get some buffalo print, I suggest choosing just one piece and going with an outdoor manufacturer; Filson, LL Bean, Woolrich, etc.

    The reason I liked the chambray was specifically because they didn't go too far, the only embellishments were a locker room hanger, hidden under the collar, MADNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess we can all agree that this is a definitive "No Dice". Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might as well get these from Urban. I got the Gap chambray though, it's pretty boss if you're not trying to drop like $200 on a thin ass shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this shirt in europe will cost something like 100euros!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sake - And it would be about 85 euro too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not happy with this shirt's quality. Most Gap stuff is legit for the price. I got this and the two layers separated on the first wear.

    ReplyDelete